Bally/Midway/Williams TRIAC board
A-13088-2 et C-13088
The TRIAC A-13088-2 (or C-13088) board is used on certain Bally/Midway and Williams pinball machines, to control high voltage motors. It uses the control signal of a solenoid (24 VDC, ground switching) to operate a motor, which is supplied with VAC current.
It is used on pinball machines:
- Creature from the black lagoon (Bally - Midway)
- High speed II: the gateway (Williams)
- Hot shot (Midway, basketball game)
- Whirlwind (Williams)
For the Whirlwind, the board have the reference C-13088 and the motor is supplied with 26 V AC. On this board, the resistor placed at the input of the optocoupler is a 680 Ω 5 W.
For the other pinball machines, the board is referenced A-13088-2 and the motor is supplied with 48 V AC. On this board, the resistor placed at the input of the optocoupler is a 330 Ω 2 W.
The difference is minimal between the two board and they are perfectly interchangeable.
The original "Creature of the Black Lagoon" board was in poor condition and needed to be replaced. On this occasion, some improvements were made:
- Installation of a LED indicating the presence of 24 V input
- Visualization of commands received by a second LED
- Addition of a TEST button
This achievement is available in our shop.