Probe V2 and components tester
Troubleshooting of electronics boards
Universal bench, for an easy diagnosis
of processor's based systems
All brands of pinballs
(Gottlieb, Bally, ... and many more).
First part of the project
"Bench test fixture NG"
Pinprobe V2 Evolution
The initial version (Pinprobe) of the probe was not completely satisfactory to our taste and had several drawbacks. Likewise, the associated component tester was not very practical to use:
- Use of individual resistors, complicating assembly.
- Capacity limited to 40-pin packages.
- Double and inflexible connection ribbon.
- Not very intuitive layout of the interface buttons.
- Staging of multiple modules and connectors.
- Component tester using jumpers, easily lost.
The modernized version of the probe corrects all these flaws. Its realization is much simpler and its operation is more reliable.
The component tester now has configuration DIP switches.
The connecting ribbon is more flexible. You can also connect larger packages, like the 64 pins of the 68000.
For some exotic circuits, the power supplies can be injected manually.
This achievement is not publicly available, in any form whatsoever (free or paid).